Diabetic Friendly Molasses Cookies Recipe
It has become the common tendency to avoid food with gluten and sugar. Gluten for many reasons is not good for our health. Foods with gluten are known to contribute to migraine pain and chronic back pain. It is also known to cause tummy troubles. Glucose is one of the key ingredient that every doctor advises to avoid in case you are diabetic patient. Thus it is necessary to go for a sugar free and gluten free diet if you are willing to have a healthy body. The cookies are some of the yummy foods that few of us can resist. These are among those staple foods we have grown up with. Thus it becomes difficult to kick them out of our diet chart. Thus this molasses cookies recipe can be your best solution if you are looking forward for a gluten and sugar free recipe. You can use the gluten free flours of Bob Red Mill to create the base of your recipe.
If you are planning to give a classic touch to your recipe then you can add pure molasses and some spices. This way you can give a unique taste to your recipe. Apart from being a mouth watering dish diabetic friendly cookies is a healthy recipe. These make a great addition to any sweet sixteen, especially when there are diabetics in attendance.
In order to prepare the dish you will be requiring the following ingredients. Make sure to use the exact proportion as mentioned below:
Butter – 1/2 cup (softened)
Vanilla essence or liquid cinnamon – 2 teaspoon
Vanilla extract – 1/2 teaspoon
Gluten free flour – 1 1/4 cup
Salt – 1/8 spoon
Tartar - 1 teaspoon.
Baking soda (gluten free) – 1/2 tea spoon.
Ground cinnamon – 1 teaspoon
Ground Nutmeg – 1/2 teaspoon
Ground ginger – 1/2 teaspoon
Molasses – 2 Tbsp
Chocolate chips – 1/2 cup (optional).
Coating: ground cinnamon – 1 1/2 tea spoonSucanat – 2 tbsp.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree Celsius.
- Use a standard mixture to beat the vanilla extract, egg, butter. You can continue in medium speed for 3 minutes.
- Add tartar cream, flour, salt and baking soda to the mixture and continue blending
- Next add the ginger, molasses, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Stir the entire mixture till they blend well and give a fine texture.
- Finally add the chocolate chips.
- Now place the mixture in a refrigerator for half an hour.
- After 30 minutes you can make small balls out of the mixture and place them on the baking sheet.
- In case you are planning to add some coating then mix them in a bowl and roll the balls over them.
- You must grease the baking tray prior keeping the balls.
- Place the tray into the oven and bake it for 10 minutes.